The Louisiana Middle District Bench Bar has created a WiFi network in public areas of the Russell B. Long Federal Building and the Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse which houses the Bankruptcy Court. The wireless network will be available during normal business hours.
In order to connect to the wireless network, devices must have a WiFi-compatible network card installed (802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz) or (802.11a/n 5.0GHz). Access is provided in a limited number of public locations throughout the courthouse (All courtrooms, chambers conference rooms and public lobby areas). The wireless card should detect the signal immediately. Because some wireless card software may require some additional procedures and/or setting changes, users should consult the device user's manual, or contact the hardware or software provider for additional assistance. Once the device detects the wireless signal, select the LAMDPublicWiFi wireless network:
SSID/Network Name = LAMDPublicWiFi
- The Louisiana Middle District Bench Bar wireless connection is not secure so information sent or received may be intercepted by another wireless user. Wireless users should not transmit sensitive personal information such as credit card numbers or passwords over the wireless network.
- Patrons access and employ the Louisiana Middle District Bench Bar wireless connection at their risk. The Louisiana Middle District Bench Bar is not responsible for any loss, injury or damages resulting from the use of the wireless connection.
- Patrons should be familiar with their own personal wireless devices and should have basic knowledge of how to connect their own devices to a wireless network. IT staff cannot provide technical assistance with personal devices or configurations and cannot guarantee that the user will be able to make a wireless connection.
- Users should bring FULLY CHARGED batteries for their wireless devices because electrical outlets are not readily available in public areas.
- Electrical cords MAY NOT be strung across public traffic areas. Court personnel will direct patrons to terminate their use of electrical power that cross public traffic areas.
- Users of courthouse electrical power do so at their risk. The Louisiana Middle District Bench Bar is not responsible for any loss, injury or damages resulting from the use of the courthouse electrical power. Users may not tamper with courthouse electrical equipment or wiring.
- Personal headphones are required for use with audio files.
- Printing is not available via the wireless network.
- At the presiding judge's discretion, patrons who use personal wireless devices in a manner inconsistent with these guidelines may lose their privilege to use devices in the courthouse complex.