The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Louisiana uses a credit card module called Pay.gov within CM/ECF for the payment of filing fees. Pay.gov is a secure and efficient way to provide payment to the court for filing fees.
Pay.gov is designed to do the following:
- Allow attorneys to pay filing fees to the U.S. Treasury as part of the electronic filing process.
- Provide an improved tracking and record-keeping method for paid fees.
- Discontinue the current requirement of providing the Clerk's office with credit card authorization and account information.
Upon completing the filing of a document requiring a filing fee, the attorney will have the option to:
- Pay the filing fee after each transaction or
- Make one payment at the end of the day for all transactions
After payment is made, the receipt will automatically post on the docket report of each case. This entry will include the filing fee amount and the receipt number.