Chief Deputy Clerk
The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Louisiana is accepting applications for the position of Chief Deputy Clerk in Baton Rouge, LA. The Chief Deputy Clerk is a senior management position that assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Clerk of Court in the Clerk’s absence. Under the direction of the Clerk, the Chief Deputy is responsible for the daily operations and administration of the Clerk’s Office, including but not limited to: case management, courtroom services, data quality, statistical analysis and reporting, financial management, space and facilities, human resources, internal controls, property and procurement, emergency preparedness, and training.
For detailed information, view the Chief Deputy Clerk vacancy announcement (PDF).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit:
- A cover letter.
- A resume that details years of experience, including names and addresses of employers, dates of employment, functions managed, number and composition of personnel supervised, education, and salary history, and three professional references with current contact information.
- A completed Application for Judicial Branch Federal Employment which can be downloaded at http://www.uscourts.gov/forms/human-resources-forms/application-judicial-branch-federal-employment
- A narrative statement not exceeding 3 pages addressing the following questions:
- Describe how your experience and abilities match the needs of the Court.
- What is your strategy or approach for managing, leading, and communicating with staff? Include your views on motivating staff, performance standards, quality control, and implementing change.
- Describe your experience with case processing/docketing, electronic case management systems, quality control, court services, and implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Provide an example of a challenging managerial issue that you encountered. How did you resolve the issue?
Submit application materials in an envelope marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
United States Bankruptcy Court
Attn: Human Resources
Confidential Announcement #2020-2
707 Florida St., Rm.119
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject line should reference Confidential Announcement #2020-2. Documents sent via e-mail must be in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), Word, or WordPerfect format.